Thursday 21 October 2010

weather forecast


From my experience of previous tours, SteveE is the weather expert as far as long-term forecasting is concerned. Actually, Ken (“The Rev”) thinks he has a “direct line” to higher authorities and will no doubt have a view on this. I’ve been trying to look up a 10-day forecast for south-west Ireland and have been failing miserably. The nearest I’ve got is using Cork as a location (which doesn’t quite have the exposed coastline criteria etc).
Anyway, the image reflects the predictions for Cork and, on the face of it, things don’t look altogether too disastrous (having said this, the forecast for our Scottish trip in 2003 was absolute “doom and gloom” and it ended up being absolutely glorious weather!), so who knows?
I‘m meeting up with SteveE later on today and feel sure he’ll have a slightly different view….
This is my last post before we set off for the emerald isle – I’m intending to take my computer and to try to put up the odd post from there, but I’m promising nothing!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear me… I’ve just found a “Tralee 10-day weather forecast” website and it reckons:
    Monday: showers; Tuesday: showers; Wednesday: showers/clear; Thursday: afternoon rain; Friday: showers.
    I think that means rain every day (shock, horror!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ye of little faith! Have you leaned nothing from our trips to Scotland, France, Norfolk, America....? Have faith my lad, the sun shineth on the righteous! Fore..............!

    ReplyDelete